Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2016

SHOW THE LOCAL WEATHER - PROJECT



  • Objective: The objective here is to build a CodePen.io app that is functionally similar to this: http://codepen.io/FreeCodeCamp/full/bELRjV.

  • The rules are as follows:-

    #1: Don't look at the example project's code. I have to figure it out myself.
    #2: I have to fulfill the following user stories. I am free to use whichever libraries or APIs and look of the App as well

    The user stories are given as:-

    #1: User should we able to view his current weather condition.
    #2: User should we able to see a different icon or background image (e.g. snowy mountain, hot desert) depending on the weather.
    #3: User should be able to push a button to toggle between Fahrenheit and Celsius.

    I used the Open Weather API to build this app. I had to struggle a little bit with ajax queries and toggling of the temperature into Fahrenheit and Celsius.

    I don't think this is a perfect App, but I will try to improve it as I learn more and have more experience with web development.

    So here is my version of the Show The Local Weather App. Please check it out by clicking on the embedded version.

    See the Pen Show the Local Weather by Bhagwant Singh (@sagit2002) on CodePen.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment