Pages

Friday, March 25, 2016

WIKIPEDIA VIEWER - PROJECT

Finally I have completed this project and what a feeling on accomplishing this project. It took be almost a week, I even thought of quitting this boot-camp.

So the objective here was to build a CodePen.io app that is similar to this the one posted here http://codepen.io/FreeCodeCamp/full/pgNRvJ.
 
These are the rules for the game.

#1: I have to figure out the code myself no cheating allowed. (Initially I      completed it by coping code from somewhere, but then angel stuck me. loll)

#2: Fulfill the below user stories. Use whichever libraries or APIs you need.

So the user stories that I had to fulfill are as follows.

#1: One should be able to search Wikipedia entries in a search box and see the resulting Wikipedia entries.

#2: One can click a button to see a random Wikipedia entry.


At last the clues are here:

1: URL use to get a random Wikipedia article:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random.

2: Entry on using Wikipedia's API:
    http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/API:Main_page.
 
My comments:

1.Initially I was overwhelmed by the mere size of the API and its documentation.

2.Completely clueless about the vocabulary and how this API sandbox worked.

3.Thought of quitting this Freecodecamp.com thing.

But than something in me told me hang-on and you will do it. then I went on to figure out the things one by one. If I write each and everything it will run into a book. So after a week long struggle here is my still not so good product (still a lot of scope for improvement).
See the Pen Wikipedia Viewer by Bhagwant Singh (@sagit2002) on CodePen.

No comments:

Post a Comment